Monday, January 25, 2010

Update, Senior Year

It's hard to believe that it's my senior year already! This place has become my routine; when I go HOME I feel out of whack! I forget to take my medicine, I eat "weird" food (not raw food)... I can't wait for home to be my normal routine again. Not so I can eat normal food and forget to take meds, but so it can become my full-time life again.

This semester has been super easy so far. I am in Community nursing, where my clinical experience involves 4 Mondays of working with a hospice nurse. It will be a new experience for me, but I am curious all the same. My Leadership class will have 5 clinicals, one weekend every month, from 7a-7p. I haven't heard where I will be yet, but I signed up for the NICU here in Lynchburg and the NICU in Richmond, VA. It is most likely that I will be going to Richmond because I have 2 other friends that signed up to be in the same hospital. Our professor should want to take advantage of 3 students willing to drive and stay in Richmond together. It would be a fun weekend for us to hang out together and have time with eachother before graduating. My Advanced Critical Care class has just a handful of students in it. It is a much more personal class, where we have discussions on what we are learning and have lab days where we run through codes and trauma cases. There are no tests in this class either! Lastly, I'm in Biomedical Ethics. This is an interesting class because it will help me to be able to back up my opinions better; like how I feel about abortion, physician assisted suicide, euthanasia, etc. These are issues that I will have to face in the NICU, probably even during my interview!

Each of my professors in my classes said that we will get out of this class what we put into it, meaning that getting an A should be easy, heh heh heh. Yay! I would love to get straight A's this semester!

Just a few more months left!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got straight A's last semester with those classes so you will too (: