Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Swine Pneumonia

At Dr. Brody's yesterday, he found that the swine flu I had a couple weeks ago has become a slight case of pneumonia. I came up as a number 16 on his scale; 32 would be considered "walking pneumonia". No biggie, it should be knocked out within a week.

In other health news, I'm getting much better. My mono and ebstein-barr viruses (the virus that causes mono) are still gone, so after 4 years of mono, I have now been mono-free for a month!

"Hello, my name is April,"
"Hiii Aprilllll."
"I've been a mono-sufferer for 4 years, and today marks my first month clean."
*clap clap*

Dr. Brody did, however, find that my bile duct is clogging up with thick bile (a result of where my mono settled) and that my digestive system is still pretty messed up. My heart/vessels are still some-what collapsed, but I no longer have the heart of a 80 year old (like I did in December), now I'm down to having the heart of a 40-50 year old. Yay? The good news is..... my heart muscle itself is not damaged, nor is my aorta (the pretty important large vessel that delivers blood to my body).

Though "recovery" is taking longer than expected, I have felt a change for the better, and hopefully I'll be in the body of a 21 year old before I turn 22!

4 comments:

Rachele said...

Im so glad to hear you are doing better!! You looked better when I saw you in MD too, btw! (:

Matt said...

Sorry to hear about your bile duct. By that I literally mean that I'm sorry I had to hear/read about your bile duct being clogged.

April said...

deal with it, brother.

Mary said...

Keep getting better.