Friday, September 18, 2009

RUF

Love. It. (I hear Mom saying "I told you so").

But here's the deal, I actually have time to go enjoy myself on Thursday nights as a senior. Last year, Thursdays were dedicated to writing 20-35 page profiles, beginning the project around 2pm and finishing around 9pm. **shivvvvver** Soooo glad to be done with those.

As I mentioned before, this meeting began with Opal Hargrove from MTW speaking to us about opportunities for a summer program/spring break missions trip. One option is in the middle of Mexico where we'll do construction work, another option is Cherokee, NC where NCPC has gone before (these are both for a spring break trip). The trip I am excited about is to... GREECE. If we went to Greece, it would probably be over the summer for a week or so. While in Greece, we would be serving the community by picking up trash each morning (evangelism is illegal in Greece so this is a good way to serve). Another amazing opportunity in Greece is a ministry with girls who have been trafficked (sp?). I really hope to be able to go on this trip with RUF! We'll see where God decides to take us :)