Monday, May 18, 2009

Still in Lynchburg

Yep, I'm still here. I'm 3 days away from "finishing" my Microbiology class and heading home! I'm taking a 4 week Microbiology intensive; 2 weeks here at school, and the next 2 weeks through e mails at home. My teacher has been very helpful and understanding towards the fact that I have to start work on May 26th, and has agreed to let me take quizzes and tests through a proctor (a.k.a. parent) at home.

We took our first test today, and it was hilarious. First of all, I was nervous beforehand as he was handing out the exam, even though I knew that it was more than possible to get an A just by studying the previous quizzes. But, nursing school has messed me up. All of us (the nursing majors in the class) were feeling the same way and laughing about it. After the test, we all gathered in the hallway and compared answers. But let me tell you, it feels really good to get an A on a test again. I got a 94%! Which is a solid A, not barely making an A like in nursing where it has to be a 93% or above. I've gotten an A so far on every assignment, knock on wood! What a great change of pace!

The weekend will be here before I know it, and I will finally be home for the summer. I'll see you all at the Farm on Saturday!

3 comments:

Grandmom said...

SO GLAD YOU ARE COMING HOME SOON!!!
We sure miss you at Family gatherings when you're not able to show.
The Farm Fest will be fun for you after all the stress you've gone through lately.
love you!
Grandmom

Lori Wilson said...

Can't wait. The house is too empty without you. Double check to be sure you have everything you need for the summer.

Rachele said...

Im telling you...its impossible NOT to get an A in that class!! Dr. Hubbard is the best! You will be GLAD you took it over the summer!!

We have to plan our get together for the summer! A weekend when we all are not working so we can go explore! Love ya!