Sunday, May 3, 2009

Waiting Is Difficult

While I am enjoying being able to spend a few days with Mom and Dad (they are down helping me move into my new house), I can't help but worry about my Pharmacology final grade. I thought that I only needed a 70% in order to pass the class, but after calculating my other quiz and test grades, it turns out I need an 81%.

Of course, it is possible that I have achieved an 81%, but the way I felt before, during, and after the test makes me feel like I am right on the line. I go through ups and downs while waiting for Wednesday to roll around, and I keep praying that I wouldn't worry, because why should I fret over God's perfect plan for my life? But it's so hard sometimes when His plan doesn't follow what you expected. Look at me! I don't even know if I failed yet!

The test was 100 questions, so I can afford getting 19 wrong. I'll let you know what happens! Thanks for your continued prayers as I finish out this school year. It means so much to know I have family and friends lifting me up, especially now :)

4 comments:

Rachele said...

Prayed for you last night my friend (:

grandmom said...

Thinking of you, praying for you, and asking God to draw very near to you in the next three days.
MUCH love,
grandmom

Aunt Candy said...

Yep, nothing tries your soul and your faith like waiting.

April, here's my favorite verse, maybe it will help while you "wait."

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God."

Even though this verse was not written during Israel's exodus out of Egypt, I always picture Moses standing with his arms lifted up, the wind blowing like crazy and the Red Sea parting . . . PARTING, so His children could pass through to safety . . . did I mention they walked on dry ground??

Gotta love Cecil B. DeMil for THAT mental picture of God's all consuming power on display as His children are being "still" (they had no choice) and God is proving, once again, that HE is a GOD like no other!

So, April, be still and know that your God, He is God!

Still praying for your tests today and tomorrow.

Matt said...

Praying for ya sis. I'm proud of all you did this semester regardless of how Pharm went.

Also, can you ask Mom and Dad if I can eat the leftovers from Chile's since they won't be home until Wednesday?

Just kidding. I already ate them.

Also, have fun getting the Matt and Ian giggle room together at the new place.