Friday, April 10, 2009

Beautiful Creation

The best feeling comes after taking a nursing test. I step out of the classroom and I feel like Dorothy, coming out of her house after it landed in Munchkin Land (taking the test would be a twista! a twista!). It's like seeing color for the first time. Everything is beautiful. You see little munchkins sleeping in giant flowers, giant round lollipops, pink bubbles that turn into good witches from the North.

I drove home after my test on Wendesday (84%... good, Mom!) and started doing the mound of dishes flowing from our sink and countertops. But outside the window the sky was so blue, and the clouds seemed much more appealing than the bee I almost grabbed that was hiding on a dirty spoon.


As I was walking back inside, I stopped to take a few shots of some pretty flowers outside our house. The colors were amazing, and they were just beginning to open.


The next day, I had to run home before heading to the hospital to get my patient information because I had forgotten my lab coat. On my way back out to the Jeep, I noticed that the flowers had opened up completely, so I ran back in the house, and got my camera.



I was on my way out this afternoon to turn in an assignment for OB class when I noticed that it had rained. The flowers had closed back up, but still looked so pretty.


The little rain drops looked like bits of sugar, which may be why I'm so drawn to them. I miss surgar, but we have a love-hate relationship at the moment.


There's something about flowers. It's like they draw you close to them so you can appreciate their intricate beauty. You can't take a picture of a flower without making it a close-up!

4 comments:

Grandmom said...

I see another gifted photographer in the family! Love the flowers at their different stages. I remember your dad taking pictures of flowers. He, too, was good at it. Especially took good pictures of his breakfast of fried eggs also.
Congratulations on your test grade.
Will miss you tomorrow!!
love,
grandmom

Aunt Candy said...

APRIL,

Great pictures! Are you using a regular digital camera or have you purchased one like Heather's?! The close ups were beautiful, so crisp and clear. I could almost feel those rain drops and I must have startled that bee while scrolling down because the sting it inflicted still hurts!

Speaking of beautiful photography and nursing (I know the nursing part is new, but hey, you're a nursing student so nursing stuff is always relevant). Anyway, you and Heather could work as a team,
you could help deliver the babies and Heather could commorate the occasion with the baby's first official photo shoot!

Down one shute and into another . . . sorry, I can't control what lunacy pops into my head.........maybe after my time with Dr. Brody, I'll be able to control what lunacy pops out!

Missed you at Easter dinner, but really enjoyed the whole Skype experience, albeit a little freaky.

Love you,

Lori Wilson said...

Nice thoughts April. You should be a writer.

Mandy Sroka said...

Gorgeous photos April...I can never seem to get that detail with the dew drops. LOVE IT!