Saturday, April 25, 2009

Update

I just finished a day that started at 9:00 am with studying for Pharm ATI. I took a break at 2:30 to get a TB test read (negative!), then came back to study some more.

At 9:00 pm, I enter the kitchen to find that there are more ants than I've ever seen; scurrying along in our sink, on the walls, on the window, under platters, and inching their way near the stove. No thanks, they aren't getting to my pantry. I had to use 3 wash rags to wipe them all up after drowning them in insect-killer spray, which doesn't really say is useful for killing ants, but it still works; it's not meant for humans either, but I'd probably stop moving if someone sprayed it in my eyes. Then I used 2 more wash rags to clean the walls and countertops with clorox and soapy water. Then I went to start the dishwasher and found more ants. What's going on? "We're being invaded!" (name that movie).

In other news, I took a break from studying yesterday to go to lunch at Ci Ci's Pizza. I cheated on my diet! The reason for the lunch was to get together with next year's Liberty Nursing Student Association board to talk about next year's events in the nursing program. My friends are the presidents for next year and they recruited me to be the photographer! I am so excited for this position! I'll document all of LNSA's events through photos. I'm thinking about getting a new camera (I think my mom is rolling her eyes at me through cyber space). The way I see it, I wanted to get a new camera for graduation anyway, so maybe I could get it a year early? I don't know, I'm running through my options.

Anyway, after that study break, my friends and I went over Pharmacology a bit longer then hit up Blockbuster for an educational movie (it really was). And wouldn't you know it, there was a question on the ATI practice test that I got right because of watching that movie! I probably could also have studied the information, but a movie is much more fun.

I can't study anymore tonight. I feel like I need to go shower and get the feeling of "ants crawling all over me" washed away.

*shiver*

Finalized ATI times:
Tuesday - Pharm ATI 12:30
Wednesday - Med/Surg ATI 11:45
Thursday - OB 10:30

Please pray specifically for my focus and concentration while I prepare for the Pharm ATI and final. This is a big thing that I have lost over the past few years, but am slowly getting back! Thanks to some Acetyl L. Carnitine and Phospholipids! :)

2 comments:

Lori Wilson said...

I saw a spider on my bed last week and screamed very loudly, smacked it to the floor, then smashed it to death with my shoe. Whap! Bang! Ka-Bam! Matt didn't even run upstairs to save me. He just said, "Did you see a bug?" How did he know?

grandmom said...

April, I've been told to wash down your countertops, and in your case,
your entire kitchen area with VINEGAR....the ants hate the smell.
Although, the smell leaves your kitchen quite soon after spraying.
I've even used frebreeze on ants.
I was out of ant spray, so I grabed what was on hand. It worked.
Will continue to pray for you and your up-coming tests.
love,
grandmom